8 Famous Chef Quotes to Inspire You in the Kitchen
It’s challenging to be an executive chef in a kitchen that is always buzzing. Whether you’re struggling to get through a long workday or the daily grind is constantly getting you down, there are ways you can stay on top of your game.
Some of the world’s most renowned chefs are known for their words of wisdom — and these might be just enough to keep you going on even the hardest days. Let’s take a look at eight famous chef quotes that can inspire you and get you whipping up delicious dishes with our Ovention kitchen equipment.
- Thomas Keller once said, “When you acknowledge, as you must, that there is no such thing as perfect food, only the idea of it, then the real purpose of striving toward perfection becomes clear: to make people happy, that is what cooking is all about.” The author of five cookbooks and owner of the famous restaurant, The French Laundry, Keller knows a thing or two about satisfying a crowd.
- Alton Brown says, “A home cook who relies too much on a recipe is sort of like a pilot who reads the plane’s instruction manual while flying.” The Food Network star originally came from his own humble beginnings on the show, “Good Eats.”
- Wolfgang Puck once said, “When you have made as many mistakes as I have, then you can be as good as me.” The Austrian-born chef has an illustrious career, dating back to the 1980s when he first opened the Spago restaurant in Los Angeles. Since then, he has become a household name, receiving acknowledgement from the James Beard Foundation for his work in the food industry.
- The late Anthony Bourdain once said, “Without experimentation, a willingness to ask questions and try new things, we shall surely become static, repetitive and moribund.” The traveler and chef tragically passed away in 2018, but needless to say, he left his mark on the industry with his quick wit and culinary critique.
- The famous Julia Child said, “This is my invariable advice to people: Learn how to cook — try new recipes, learn from your mistakes, be fearless and above all have fun!” Her attitude in the kitchen and “do-it-all” approach to cooking continues to inspire chefs from around the world.
- Daniel Boulud once said, “For me, the food I like to make is the food I can enjoy all the time anytime. It’s not too calculated or technical.” The French chef has restaurants around the globe in cities including Boston, Singapore, London, Washington D.C., and New York.
- The great Emeril Lagasse said, “My philosophy from day one is that I can sleep better at night if I can improve an individual’s knowledge about food and wine, and do it on a daily basis.” The famous chef, who is known for his Cajun spin on cuisine, once hosted the television series “Emeril Live” and has restaurants in New Orleans and Las Vegas.
- Celebrity chef Rocco DiSpirito once said, “It is important to experiment and endlessly seek after creating the best possible flavors when preparing foods. That means not being afraid to experiment with various ingredients.” The New York City based chef has won a James Beard award for his cookbook, “Cooking From A Professional Point of View.”
Whether you’re struggling to maintain consistency in your kitchen as an executive chef or you simply need a pick-me-up throughout the day, you can take away something positive from these quotes. As chefs from around the world prove, cooking is all about the fun behind the food, as well as the sheer enjoyment of trying new things. Even the most successful chefs understand that it comes down to trial-and-error when trying to create the perfect dish.
With a little bit of inspiration and the right kitchen equipment, such as our Ovention Ovens, you can ensure that you’re always prepared to whip up a dish worthy of the industry’s greatest chefs.